TEXT OR CALL US 319.551.1732
Landscape Installation Services
Water Drainage Services
Thirsty Earth Temporary Irrigation
Buy Thirsty Earth
About Thirsty Earth Temporary Irrigation
About Our Company
The Outdoor Life Blog
The Outdoor Life
SIX Tips for Prepping Your Yard for Spring
March 15, 2023
As the temperatures start to rise and the days begin to get longer, we start dreaming of spring. Which reminds us that it's time to start thinking about prepping our yard for the upcoming spring season! Preparing your yard for spring is important if you want to keep it looking it's best and ensure that you can enjoy your outdoor living space all season long. Here are some tips to help you get your yard ready for spring.
1. Clean Up Leaves and Debris: One of the first things you should do is to clean up any debris that has accumulated during the winter months. This includes leaves, twigs, and branches. Rake up any debris, then use a leaf blower to blow away any remaining leaves and debris.
2. Trim Trees and Shrubs: Trim back any trees or shrubs that have grown too large or are too close to your home or other structures. This will help to keep your yard looking neat and tidy and will also keep your plants healthy.
3. Edge Your Lawn: Edging your lawn will help to keep grass from growing into flower beds and walkways, which can be unsightly. Use an edger or a trimmer to define the edges of your lawn and create a crisp, clean look.
4. Fertilize Your Lawn: Fertilizing your lawn will help to ensure that your grass is healthy and growing thick and green. Choose a fertilizer that is best suited for your type of grass, and be sure to follow the instructions on the label.
5. Plant Flowers and Vegetables: Now is the time to start planting your annuals and perennials. Planting flowers and vegetables will add color and texture to your yard, as well as provide you with fresh produce for the summer months.
6. Add Mulch: Mulch is a great way to add a polished look to your landscaping. Use mulch in flower beds and around trees to help keep weeds at bay and retain moisture.
There's just something about getting outdoors to enjoy fresh air project! With a little bit of effort, you can make your outdoor living space look its best and enjoy it all season long!
Also in The Outdoor Life
The Ultimate Backyard Escape
March 21, 2023
411 on Backyard Pools
March 16, 2023
Plant Spotlight: Hydrangeas
March 13, 2023
With their stunning colors and easy care, hydrangeas are a great addition to any Iowa landscape. We're digging up our best hydrangea care tips so you
can enjoy beautiful blooms year after year.